About Fire Extinguishers
Using a fire extinguisher to fight small fires can prevent a fire from spreading and limit damage to your property. Not to mention, it will protect your people, and ultimately, it could save lives.
Service and maintenance of your Fire Extinguishers - What you need to know
As a manager or owner of a building, it’s your responsibility to make sure the following minimum requirements are met:
- Fire extinguishers should be inspected every 6 months or following usage. Your contractor will be looking for things like correct tagging, damage or corrosion, and making sure the extinguisher is easily accessible.
- All components of the fire extinguisher must be tested for compliance every 6-12 months (exact timeframes depend on the component and type of fire extinguisher)
- A pressure test should be carried out every 5 years
- According to fire protection legislation in Australia, fire extinguishers must undergo regular maintenance by someone who has the right skills and experience – and is legally allowed to do the job.
- Contractors at Dayshelf Fire Systems carry out maintenance for all portable fire equipment, including fire extinguishers, in accordance with Australian Standards (AS 1851-2005 Maintenance of fire protection systems and equipment).
To book a technician or discuss your fire protection needs
Call us on 07 5531 1099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org